Wednesday, April 9, 2008

A "D" Golfer

Recently I was on a men's retreat and I was classified as a D golfer.......I think I have finally come to grips with this. I mean there is A, B, C and .......D. OK maybe I have not come to grips with this completely. Maybe the golfers are better in the Carolinas (that is my story and I am going to stick to it).

However, I know I will not move the needle and become a C golfer because
I don't have the money to spend on Golf
I don't want to spend the time
I can honestly say I didn't care if I hit a bad shot

What I do know.
I still can drive the ball straight down the fairway over 300+ yards.
Sparks coming off the driver is cool.
I had fun being the D golfer because no one was depending on my shot - I could always say what did you expect, I am the D golfer.
Captain’s choice was really fun.
You get a good chance to know someone when you are sharing a golf cart for 4 hours
I enjoyed being out and looking at small part of what God created.
Yellow pine pollen is bad.
I still like to drive a golf cart like a go-Cart
I am still drawn to splashing in puddles
Rocks are bad for golf clubs

2 comments:

Jon said...

So ... I guess that makes me a Y golfer.

Brian M. Childers said...

And if my golf ball driving abilities at my wedding 2 years ago are any indication, I guess I would be a ZZ golfer? :)