Saturday, April 26, 2008

My Driving

I was driving to see my daughters dancing recital today and I was confronted with a person who was not driving very well. Why is it that every time I get in the car I am surrounded by those who really don't know how to drive. I am still looking into the theory that has something to do with the water in the South.....hmmmm.....I may be next. I of course had to let this person know they are not driving well. No expletives, but the actions and temperament we extremely hostel. After the said incident, for some reason I reflected on the fact that my son was in the car with me. Then started to think this is going to come back to me in some way. It only took about 6 hours later before I saw that hostility and anger towards me. Let say my son would give Bobby Knight a run for throwing chairs. Now I know all this is not because I had road rage in the car.......but I know it didn't help. This is a good reminder that eyes and ears are always watching.

2 comments:

Jon said...

So true ... painfully true.

Brian M. Childers said...

Bill,

I hear you on the road rage thing. I was sharing on how at one time a teeny-bopper cut me off - I was so mad at her that at the next stop light I got out of the car and screamed at her. I think I scared her. This was 6-7 years ago. Since I've committed my road rage to God, I haven't had any other incidents like that.

-brian