Tuesday, April 15, 2008

The Yo Yo



I was walking past my daughter's room and I noticed a Yo Yo. A Duncan Yo Yo is the only way to go. Of course I could not resist the temptation to slip the loop of string onto my finger. After about 1/2 hour of fun and excitement making Yo Yo go up and down. I start to think of my life as the Yo Yo. I am the Yo Yo, God is the Hand and the string is my relationship/connection with God. As I flicked the Yo Yo I noticed it was spinning really fast. I started to think this is my hectic life. The life I perceive that I want. I also noticed the travel of the Yo Yo. The Yo Yo was either moving away or toward my hand and at different rates of speed. I started to reflect that I move toward God and also away from God and at different speeds. I then started to do the only trick I know with the Yo Yo which is walking the dog. You know the one where the string is out and the Yo Yo is spinning at the end of the line. This looks like my life when I am taking control. I also noticed that the only way for the Yo Yo to get back up was for my hand to pull up slightly. The Yo Yo came back to the hand where the spinning stopped. This is just like God pulling me and I finally slow down and listen. The last thought I pondered was just like playing with the Yo Yo - life should be fun. I will unfortunately move away from God, but he will try to pull me back. No matter what I should rejoice in all and have fun!!!

No comments: